In 1857, the young Scottish designer Alexander Wilson created the same metallurgical company in the London district of Vokshall. Here, in the 1903rd year, the first car was built. Two years later, when the company moved to Luton and was renamed Vauxhal Motors Ltd.”, Mass production of cars began, and already in 1908, the cars of the new company occupied the first places in the 200 Mile races. Vauxhal car record was 160 km/h in those days, which was then real fantastic.
In 1911, Vauxhal built the legendary Prince Henry model. The machine, called in honor of the successful race of Prince Henry in 1910 races on the prize of the German Prince Henry, had a four-cylinder 75-horsepower engine with a volume of 3.97 liters with the distribution of SV and a four-position gearbox. There were semi -elliptical feathers and rear cantilent suspension. The Vauxhall Prince Henry model is known today as the first sports British car.
Winner Vauxhall Prince Henry
The model turned out to be very successful in automobile sports. Vauxhall Prince Henry became the winner of the winter races in Sweden, held at a temperature of -40 degrees in 1912, and a year later he won 35 mountain speed ranges and 14 ralles for reliability for reliability for reliability. In 1911, in a run in Russia, the car overcame the entire distance without a single penalty point, which prompted to acquire the Prince Henry himself Nicholas II.
The maximum acceleration rate Vauxhal Prince Henry was 136 km/h. The engine for the model was designed by the then head of the company with 24-year-old Lawrence Paran. In 1913, this car became the winner in the Hill-Climb race.
The open version of the car was characterized by a wedge -shaped radiator and polished aluminum hood, which became the bright business card of most future Vauxhall.
On all models of the series, they installed spoke wheels with a central nut. Since 1913, the Vauxhall Prince Henry began to be seriously completed with electric lighting, and from 1914-an electric starter. By analogy with other Vauxhall models of those times, cars were distinguished by a large road clearance and could work on off -road in British colonies. During the war, “Prince Henry” was used as a headquarters car.
In 1926, Vauxhal combined with the General Motors Corporation concern. A total of 240 copies of the car were manufactured.
Photo Vauxhall Prince Henry
VAUXHALL Prince HENRY VIDEO